You are watching a football match, the stadium is jam packed and you are comfortable at your home on the couch, looking forward to an exciting nail biting match. You see the stadium's boundary has an advertisement for LuckyJam's Pizza on your swanky Smart TV and you get an urge to order one. You now have multiple options in front of you
- Call up LuckyJam's and place your order
- Use the LuckyJam's application on your smart phone
- Use your smart TV to order
- Get onto your Tablet / Laptop and visit LuckyJam's website to order
- Use the LuckyJam's application on your tablet / mobile
- Ask Google Glass to use order a pizza by looking at its logo
End result - you are still ordering the same pizza. You have means to do the same job differently, depending on your convenience and preferences. You are now empowered to use the means of your choice for getting the same result; the experience of ordering will have its variations on each of these devices.
While smart phones brought in the disruption empowering users to get and use the information on the go, companies will need to start looking at disseminating the information across different channels - Mobile, Tablet, TV, Watch, Glass.. and the list will go on... How ready are you?